Did you know the Southern Alberta Section was formed on May 10, 1956? Thank you to all of the members who have made the last 60 years possible. We look forward to the next 60!
Congratulations Mohamad for winning the 2016 IEEE Canada Power Quality Scholarship!
Congratulations to PES/IAS for receiving the award for Continued Outstanding Performance – Large Chapter!
IEEE Southern Alberta Section awards are presented to recognize excellence in the academics, research and leadership for IEEE SAS. The awards are designed to increase the academic drive, to acknowledge excellence in research, and promote leadership in the section.
- IEEE SAS – Academics – 1 award of $1000
- IEEE SAS – Research – 1 award of $1000
- IEEE SAS – Leadership – 1 award of $1000
- A candidate can be eligible for these awards as long as they are an IEEE member or an IEEE student member who is attending a recognized post-secondary institution within the geographic boundaries of the IEEE Southern Alberta Section
- Candidates must be nominated by a faculty advisor
- Candidates can only apply for one award per year
- Nominees for IEEE-SAS –Academics have to be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program
- Nominees for IEEE-SAS –Research have to be enrolled in a graduate degree program
- Nominees for IEEE SAS – Leadership can be either a graduate or an undergraduate student
Click here for an application form.
Title: Protective Relays: Principles of Applications
Date: November 21, 2016
Time: 6:30 – 8:30 pm
Location: University of Calgary Downtown Campus, Event Center C
Details: Flyer – Registration (Registration closes November 16)
The PES Outstanding Engineer Award recognizes outstanding contributions to the power engineering profession at the local level. The award is open to IEEE PES members in the Southern Alberta Section. Two awards will be presented annually based on years of experience: 1 for 15 years or less and 1 for more than 15 years. More information on the award eligibility, nominator eligibility, and selection criteria is available here. Nominations will be accepted here until May 31, 2016.
Congratulations to Rasheek for receiving the 2015 E.F. Glass Western Canada Merit Award!
Congratulations to Dale and Milada for completing the Volunteer Leadership Training Program!