Webinar: Preventative maintenance Partial Discharge testing of Switchgear and Cables
Presented by: Tim Erwin of EA Technology LLC
Date: May 13, 2020, 12-1pm (UTC-6)
Register at: https://events.vtools.ieee.org/m/229032 Advance registration only. Registration closes May 12 or once full.
This presentation will provide an introduction to different common methods of partial discharge testing of switchgear. It will cover a brief introduction to:
- What is PD?
- Corona Discharge
- Common methods of testing:
- Offline testing – VLF and Tan Delta
- Online testing – Ultrasonic, Transient Earth Voltage, RF, Cable
- Advantages and limitations of both
- Examples from the field
- Recommended testing practices and frequency